1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Service if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
Registration – If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Site or request to receive marketing materials, you may be required to become a registered user, and to submit the following types of Personal Information to SocialGrow: First name, Last name, email address, full username, password, and Plan type (Free plan, Start plan, Grow plan).
Customer Support – We may collect information through your communications with our customer support team or other communications that you may send us and their contents.
Making a Purchase – When you make payments through the Service, you will need to provide Personal Information such as your debit/ credit card number
Social Media – In order to allow you to post to your social media platforms, we may ask you to provide your username, account ids, social handle, timezones, and email address.
Other – We may also collect your contact details when you provide them in the context of our customer, vendor, and partner relationships.
2a. Personal Information Collected from Connected Social Media Accounts
If you connect your third party social media account to your SocialGrow account, we may collect certain information stored in your social media account such as:
- Facebook: SocialGrow may allow you to connect a Facebook page or profile to your SocialGrow account, in which case we will access certain information from Facebook regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/page ID or profile ID, access tokens, sent posts. This includes the content of your post and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by SocialGrow to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Twitter: SocialGrow may allow you to connect a Twitter profile to your SocialGrow account, in which case we will access certain information from Twitter regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your post and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, retweets, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by SocialGrow to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Instagram: SocialGrow may allow you to connect an Instagram profile to your SocialGrow account, in which case we will access certain information from Instagram regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your post and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by SocialGrow to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
- LinkedIn: SocialGrow may allow you to connect a LinkedIn profile to your SocialGrow account, in which case we will access certain information from LinkedIn regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your post and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by SocialGrow to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Gmail: SocialGrow may allow you to connect a Google My Business page to your SocialGrow account, in which case we will access certain information from Google regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, and sent messages. This includes the content of your message, to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by SocialGrow to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Youtube: SocialGrow may allow you to connect a Youtube profile to your SocialGrow account, in which case we will access certain information from Youtube regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, and published videos. This includes the content of your videos and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by SocialGrow to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
- Pinterest: SocialGrow may allow you to connect a Pinterest page to your SocialGrow account, in which case we will access certain information from Pinterest regarding your account. In particular, we may collect profile image, display name, username/profile ID, access tokens, and sent posts. This includes the content of your post and engagement data (such as click rates, likes, re-shares, impressions, as well as general engagement counts), to the extent permitted by applicable law. This data will only be used by SocialGrow to provide you with the Service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
Additionally, if you connect Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Gmail, Youtube, or Instagram when utilizing SocialGrow Engage we may collect profile image, display name, username/page ID, access tokens, sent or received comment text and sent or received private message text.
Additionally, if you connect Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google My Business, Youtube or Instagram when utilizing SocialGrow Reports we may collect profile image, display name, username/handle, access tokens, social account’s insights data, demographic data, video insights, sent tweets, social account’s followers count, and social account’s audience data.
2b. Personal Information Automatically Obtained from Your Interactions with the Service
Log Data. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click.
Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many websites, we also use “cookie” technology to collect additional website usage data and to improve the Site and our Service. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. A session cookie enables certain features of the Site and our service and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the Site. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. SocialGrow may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with the Site and our Service, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Site, and to improve the Site and our Service. We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically-collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message, to the extent permitted under applicable law. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
Do Not Track
3. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the Personal Information we obtain about you to:
- Create and manage your account, provide our Service, process payments, and respond to your inquiries.
- Manage account authentication such as two-factor authentication.
- Communicate with you to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance, including by periodically emailing you service-related announcements.
- Publish your content, comments, or messages on social media platforms.
- Provide tailored advertising, for SocialGrow services, via Google AdWords.
- Aggregate your Personal Information for analytical purposes.
- Provide customer support.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including by developing new products and services; managing our communications.
- Determining the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Analyzing how the Service is being accessed and used; tracking the performance of the Service.
- Debugging the Service. (Facilitating the use of our Service).
- Send your marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs, and promotions of SocialGrow, and affiliated companies.
- Ensure the security of our Service.
- Manage our customer, service provider, and partner relationships.
- Enforce our agreements related to our Service and our other legal rights.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and policies.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we may process your Personal Information for the above purposes when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies or similar technologies, or to send you marketing communications.
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries,
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to ensure and improve the safety, security, and performance of our Service, to anonymize Personal Information and carry out data analyses.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
SocialGrow is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We employ administrative and electronic measures designed to appropriately protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Information in our possession. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical, and electronic safeguards, subject to requirements under applicable law to ensure or warrant information security. We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Information to you via email or conspicuous posting on our Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with
(i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or
(ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system,and any other disclosures that may be required under applicable law.
We also take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of products and services requested by or provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our products or services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such marketing communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at [email protected]. Please be aware that, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service. In certain jurisdictions you have the right to request access and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to transfer your Personal Information to another company. Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law. Where required by law, we obtain your consent for the processing of certain Personal Information collected by cookies or similar technologies, or used to send you direct marketing communications, or when we carry out other processing activities for which consent may be required. If we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, delete your account or submit a request to exercise your rights under applicable law, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
7. CAN-SPAM COMPLIANCE NOTICE (U.S. and Canadian users only)
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Service you have requested or received from us.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Site is not directed to persons under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US