Facebook Marketing is yet another big way of promoting your brand online. But how do you make sure your posts and ads are not getting lost in hundreds of other posts and ads. Before stepping into Facebook Marketing, you need to know how to grow your brand using Facebook. It isn’t that difficult!
Over the period, Facebook has established itself as a platform to grow business pages effortlessly. Over 2.5 billion people use Facebook every month. Hence, Facebook Marketing is an easy way to reach the global masses fastly.
Pros of Creating a Facebook Business Page:
- It’s free.
- Through this, more than 2 billion people can discover your brand! (obviously, if you strategise it properly)
- According to a survey (of 2/3rd Facebook user), people visit the Page of a local business at least once a week.
- The Business Page comes with many tools which would help you in organizing and managing your posts properly.
- You can advertise through this page and grow your brand and audience. Set your budget and plan your strategy, and you are ready to advertise easily.
- The Page would let you show information about your business, such as your address, phone number, hours, categories and more.
How to Create a Facebook Bussiness Page For Facebook Marketing
Create a Page
- Go to facebook create page.
- You need to be logged in from your personal account for this step. (Don’t worry, your personal details won’t show up on your business page).
- Choose between the following pages: Business/brand or Community/public figure.
- Fill the details.
Add Brand/Company’s Logo
- Upload your brand logo and cover image.
Fill up Other Details
Click on the Edit Page Info option.
Here edit Description, Contact information and Extra options.
Create you Username
- Click Create Page @Username.
- Username can be up to 50 characters long.
Add Call to Action button and link your website to it. And Ta Da! Your Page is ready.
What to Post on Facebook Business Page?
Before knowing what to post, you need to know what type of Facebook posts are there.
If broadly divided, there are nine types of posts that can help you grow your brand on Facebook.
Facebook Posts: Types
- Facebook Text Posts: As the name suggests, it’s just a text. No photos. No videos. Asking a question or posting an update can be effective for your Facebook marketing.
- Facebook Photo Posts: Well, you need to post images! And you can add captions as well. Photos can have higher engagements than normal text posts. It can be visually attractive and appealing. You can edit your post images by using these image editors.
- Facebook Video Posts: A short video can also add dimension to your page and attract more people. As compared to photos, videos are more engaging.
- Facebook Content Posts: Through this, you can link contents that are posted outside Facebook. You just have to copy and paste a link into the status box. Facebook would automatically show the image and meta-description of that link. You can use this to drive traffic to your website by sharing blog links directly to your Facebook business page.
- Facebook Poll Posts: Just like Twitter, you can do polls on Facebook as well. Polls can be helpful in understanding what your customer wants from you. You can always ask your prospective customer what they prefer and this is the best way to win their trust and support.
- Facebook Stories: These 24 hours of fleeting stories are amazing if you want to reach a huge audience. You can upload a 5 seconds photo or a 20 seconds video.
A Short Guide to Facebook Marketing
Like any digital marketing strategy, your Facebook marketing strategy has to be narrow and effective.
To use Facebook effectively for your brand, follow the below mentioned points.
Define Your Target Audience
When you are selling a product, you cannot afford to ignore what your customers want to buy. In order to connect with the audience, you need to figure out who the target audience is. It’s very simple. You cannot sell tea to a coffee lover!
So, before starting, as yourself:
- Who is the audience?
- Their age group.
- Geographical details.
- What are their expectations from you?
Whatever You Do, Never Forget Goals!
How do you prefer to grow your brand using Facebook? Do you want maximum likes? Or maximum comments? Or do you prefer more traffic on your official website through CTA?
Whatever your goals are, your Facebook Marketing would work according to that only.
After selecting and mapping your main goals, you need to narrow it down further in order to make your page more effective.
Some goals you can add to your list:
- Building brand awareness.
- Generating a high volume of qualified leads
- Establishing thought leadership
- Attributing marketing activities to revenue generation
- Increasing brand engagement
What to Post? Plan it!
One of the entry points of Facebook Marketing is to use 80-20 rule.
80% for you posts, activities and content.
20% for your brand’s promotion.
Self promotion is essential aspect of any marketing but you have to set some standards for that. You cannot everytime use your page as an advertisement only. Hence, you need to plan when and how to shift to promotions and when to stick to your daily posts and other contents.
Timing also plays an essential role when you are posting some content on social media platforms. Here is a list of when to post on social media.
Some ideas on what to post:
- Post About Trending Topics.
- Thoughts, facts and ideas.
- Information related to your brand.
- Take polls and ask your audience to suggest and bring ideas.
- Post your brand products/features/ideas etc.
- Insightful videos and Gifs.
You can experiment and analyse what best suits your area and then decide what to post. However, initially you have to post many things to understand what can work best. Once you get a hold of it, try to stick to it for at least some time.
Don’t Forget To Use Facebook Tools
After getting a hold of your Facebook Business Page, you can start with other Facebook tools as well. They would add dimension to your page and promote more engagement.
You can use:
- Facebook Group: People can join and contribute in your group. It would be more engaging and active and ultimately it would help you understand your audience better.
- Facebook chatbot: Since you can’t possibly sit and reply to all the texts, messenger bot can come as a rescue for you. It can be helpful for those quick replies and chats.
- Facebook Business Manager: Through this, you can manage your organic and paid Facebook posts.
Using Facebook for your brand growth is not only important but also essential these days. However, marketing is not done in a day or two. You have to be patient and keep going in order to reach your goals. So grab your diary, plan and strategize your Facebook content. Use the above-mentioned tips to grow your brand using Facebook.
You can come and share your feedback later as well here!